Tips to help build your wealth
- Consider having part of your salary regularly deducted from your savings account and transferred to investments with a higher rate of return
- Invest for the medium to longer term which will help smooth out the short term volatility of some investments
- Growth investments such as property and shares, although higher risk, generally offer a higher return over the longer term than lower risk investments such as cash and fixed interest
- Avoid investments that sound too good to be true, as this is often the case
- Consider investments that are more tax effective such as Australian shares
- Contribute more to super as this is one of the most tax effective investment structures available
- Diversification helps to reduce risk by investing across a range of asset classes
Why not take a look at our savings calculator which can give you an idea of how much your savings will be worth over time so you can work out how much you need to save. A financial planner can help you identify strategies to build your wealth and can provide advice tailored to your particular circumstances and goals.
For more tips on how to build your wealth why not view the Bridges online videos? They cover a variety of topics including ‘Getting to know your super’, ‘Investment fundamentals’ and ‘Protecting your assets’.
Bridges Financial Services Pty Limited (Bridges). ABN 60 003 474 977. ASX participant. AFSL No 240837.
This is general advice only and has been prepared without taking into account your particular objectives, financial situation and needs. Before making an investment decision based on this information, you should assess your own circumstances or consult a financial planner. In referring members to Bridges, Firefighters Credit Co-operative does not accept liability or responsibility of any act or omission or advice provided by Bridges or its authorised representatives.
Part of the IOOF group.